Sunday, March 28, 2004

This weekend was a good weekend for the most part, two good friends came to visit ( Thanks Kyle and Alicia for everything!) I finished up most of my yard work, despite crappy equipment and went to work at Barton Springs, where I am thouroughly enjoying my job. I had the opportunity to make many pretty girls smile, but I didn't ask any of them for their numbers. For some odd reason it just didn't feel right. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to find a girl I'm going to "click" with. Perhaps I'm too judgemental, perhaps I'm just scared and perhaps I still hold out hope for someone else.

There is someone in my past that I regret losing touch with, The time we had together was too short and as I sit here and look back I wonder at what might have been. Things in my life have been okay, but they could have been a lot better or maybe not. Either way I have no way of knowing and I must continue on with this course and hope things will turn out okay in the end.

It was good to see Kyle and Alicia, I hope I was able to provide them with enough to do and see, hopefully they enjoyed their visit here and got to see a different side of Austin than most people do.

Things happened between my boss and I here at El Rio Apartments, apparantly she's not been satisfied with my performance or the way the building is being run/handled. I can't help it if no one is calling to rent apartments or if no one wants to stay in a place that continuosly has problems, the tenants being foremost among them. I do what I must, but I hate lying, they say things like they're going to remodel the kitchen, well in my humble opinion what they want to do wouldn't take more than a long weekend to finish, but they've been working on it for over two years!! and that's not the only thing, Some of the tenants in the building are shady characters, not the good timing college students of the past, but something darker, slimier possibly even with a past if you know what I mean, Hopefully they'll be gone and replaced with some really cool people. I can only hope, but people just aren't looking here at El Rio, it's not like there is a sign outside that says "El Rio Apartments" it's just a building on the street. I don't know what to do, I don't get paid to do this gig or do I get paid to put up with peoples crap, sure I mowed the lawn, take out the trash, collect the money and I show apartments and I used to get free rent for a closet sized room, but now that's not the case I'm going to have to pay approx. $200 a month to do this same stuff. I figure if I'm paying to stay here, then I don't have to be here or I am not obligated to do so, I haven't signed any contract nor have I received a lease. They can't say I haven't reminded them to write something up so I can go at any time. I just don't have anywhere to go or a good paying job to go to with it and being here as a "manager" isn't going to get me a job. They only started complaining when I did get a job now that I think about it... crazy huh? And they even talked about me quiting my job or cutting back my hours, how am I to get ahead? ARRGGH!!!

I don't know what I'm going to do, I think I'm going to look for a full time gig somewhere else and if I can get something then I'll find a cheap apartment and leave. maybe I'll get a roommate or something, who knows. Any takers?

I've got to go now, 6 am comes early, especially when you have take out the trash and have homework to do before you get to sleep. goodnight all.

No comments: