Monday, October 31, 2005

An update on whats been going on in my life or something like that for those of you who might still read this.

I'm still looking for a civilian job and living at my parents. I'm living off my savings`and the occasional odd job. I'm just trying to keep busy and motivated so that when I do get another job I'll be able to make the transition that much easier.

I have been interviewing at MD Anderson. In fact I've had a total of 5 interviews so far and I'm still waiting to hear from them. MD Anderson isn't the only place I've been interviewing, I've been going to career fairs and employment agencies all over town. I'd like to stay on the Northside because of traffic, but it seems that the opportunities aren't on the Northside.

Once I get the job or when the New Year rolls around I'll be enrolling into classes again at either UH-Downtown or SHSU, I've been exploring opportunities at both institutions and at the University center for North Harris and talking with friends who have knowledge of each. I don't know about getting a professional position and how that would influence my education.

Would getting a fulltime job affect my studies? undoubtedly, but I need to make enough to survive on, but does that mean I should get a place of my own or stay here at my parents? I can't continue to stay here, we keep getting into arguments and yet we have moments where everything seems to be great, I just need my space and they don't seem to realize that at times.

The situation with my unit is one of constant flux. I just don't know what they want from me, when I talk to them about being reactivated they tell me they need people, but they haven't started the paperwork yet to get me mobilized. They go back and forth with sending me on missions and this plays hell with my life. I keep giving to the Army, but they give so little in return. They take and take and yet don't seem to want to help me out when I need it. I just don't understand it.

I worry about my sister and her family a lot, my brother lives with them and I sometimes feel they take advantage of him too much. He needs so much, but I don't have it to give. They don't take care of themselves, well lets just say there are things I see as an outsider, but they seem to be happy. Who am I to say whats good for them?

I sometimes worry about things too much. I've been trying to get in contact and hang out with old friends and people who matter to me as well as make new friends. I'm still establishing myself here in Houston and I'm grateful to my friends who've been there to listen and help keep me motivated and going. I hope they know how much they all mean to me.

It's been rough, I feel like this has been a good step in coming back to Houston, there's a lot here that I've been missing. I have hopes of great things being accomplished soon despite certain setbacks.

If you need to get ahold of me feel free to do so, most evenings you can find me at starbucks on kuykendahl and louetta, though call or text me as my truck might be there, but I might have headed out with friends downtown to Empire or Brazils. 832-858-8401

No comments: