Friday, February 04, 2005

I've been out of work since October, my funds are extremely limited. I was working a seasonal job and then a temporary job, they both ended and Austins a small town, hard to find work in the winter, then my cel phone was shut off, my truck broke down and I've had to scrounge money to drive to Houston for Duty with my Army Reserve unit, It's all I've been able to do to just make my rent and buy a little food. I've got some money now and I was going to use that to build on for rent for next month, but I have to go to Houston in a week for another duty weekend with the Army Reserves, now you might think this is great and wonderful and that I'll get paid, but you're wrong. You see while I was Deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom Uncle Sam overpaid me by the sum of $3,000 plus and being the redundant gov't entity that he is, he wouldn't take it back when I had it to offer, now after it is spent they are deducting 75% of my paycheck to pay it back, what does this mean? It means that for a very long time I will be going to Drill for free since it costs me almost $100 in gas to get there and back and I only make about $75 a drill. So technically I pay to serve my country, I'm such an awesome citizen aren't I?

Currently, I have about $200 cash in my pocket, let's say $100 of that is already spent to get me to Houston next weekend. I now have $100 to put towards rent. I have to pay my utility bill soon and that's going take about $39 from me for my portion, even though I know I use far less than any of the other people in this house. I'll have $61 left towards rent. So I go from there.

I don't go out to eat or party anymore, XboxLive was my only form of entertainment, but my account/gamertag was cancelled for non-payment and so now I'm reading more which is awesome, I always love a good read. Unfortunately I'm also not in school right now, but I will be soon.

I have a job starting in March, but that doesn't help me now. I can go back to the city, work again at Barton Springs, I loved it there. I've applied all over town, The Alamo Drafthouse is hiring for their new location, Also the people who do the call center for xbox live here in Austin are also hiring and I can do that job as well. I'm just waiting to hear back from them, hopefully I'll get the job and soon.

In the meantime I'm looking at pawning a bunch of my stuff and selling off all my cd's and possibly my books to half-price,so that I can at least get close to rent for next month.I've got friends that owe me money, hopefully they'll be able to pay me back soon. I've got plenty of stuff, I could probably be able to get rid of it and not be bothered, I spent three days ripping all my cd's to my laptop, I've got 13 gigs of music and I'll be able to burn them to cd anytime now I've got nothing to lose there.

I also have several types of electronics and a paintball gun, that will hopefully help me get closer to my goal. I've never pawned stuff before and am not sure of how it works or what I might get for it.

My books? I have a ton of books that I know I can get rid of and not worry about, I'm just used to having a lot of books. I've grown up reading these stories and several are hard to find, I'm not going to read them again I don't think. I don't know if I'm going to miss them. books to me are a treasure really. I never could understand why many people aren't interested in them. They must be used to the mind numbing process of tv I guess. I have some early 50's fiction some older, tech manuals, law books, graphic novels and from there mostly sci-fi/fantasy books I have been getting a core of fiction lately, I use if for escapism, it's nice to get away from reality once or twice.

So this is the basic truth of the moment, fascinating I know. What else you might ask? Well I'm still single if you're interested. Is there someone in my life I'm interested in? Why are you asking? Are you interested in knowing? The answer? Yes, there is someone in my life who I am interested in. This time of year or any time of year is hard to be single. Do I lament the fact? well that fact is going to remain a mystery until a later date. I need to get some sleep. Goodnight all.

No comments: