Friday, April 08, 2005

"Separation Proceedings under AR 135-178, Chapter 9" due to APFT failure.

So I recieved this package in the mail and basically it says I have to respond 30 days from today with some sort of response.

If you don't know the APFT is the Army Physical Fitness Test

I don't know I don't remember the tests they're quoting, some are months to over a year apart. I was counseled a few times, but not all the times and I don't ever remember recieving a copy of it. I have records of things here at home, but a lot of stuff was lost or displaced during the moves.

I've been told I could contact the JAG office, but I don't know how much the jag office can or would be willing to help me with anything regarding this, especially if I fail this Saturday. I don't know what to do, it's caught me off guard as well, I haven't seen or even spoken to the commandant or anyone about this in months and then from out of nowhere I recieved this package in the mail.

I work hard, I'm a good soldier, I have sacrificed a lot for the Army and the 75th. I've been coming to drill for free for over a year, I've been unemployed and unable to eat or make my rent, but I drive over 200 miles to come to a unit to be yelled and abused for two days, I'm so tired after drills on Sundays that I can't drive back to Austin and have to miss a day of work after finally getting a job. I've withdrawn from college courses just so I could go on missions for this unit. I've lost girlfriends, women I love because of my commitment to the idea of duty, honor and country and selfless service to others without considering myself.

Honestly, I've been tired and frustrated about the unit, about working hard and seeing nothing as a result. Yes I know what they're talking about. I haven't passed my APFT and I was on the weight control program. I've lost the weight, hell I've lost more than enough weight and I keep losing weight, does this mean that now I'm eligable to be kicked out?

I also have trouble with my situps, I work out, but I guess it's not enough. I can do them here at home just fine, but when I get out there to do them on the field, it's like I have this mental block or something. I don't know if I'll pass this weekend and even if I do it looks like it doesn't matter anyway since the way this paperwork is worded I'm already gone.

I don't know, I just don't know anymore... I'm tired, I'm just tired of it all...

No comments: