Thursday, December 18, 2003

So it seems mightily important to some few people that I update my blog on a regular basis. I am sorry my friends and readers I did not think that not posting would garner the response that it has, Thank you all for both your kind and not so kind words. I shall endeavor to post more frequently.

What has been going on in the life of Hugh, inquiring minds want to know, ha!

I've completed my semester with a vengeance! I know I struggled and faltered early on in my academic endeavors, but it seems lately, within the past few years that I have somehow achieved a mental state which obliterates coursework without even thinking about it. I have earned "A's" in all my courses and will continue to do so with future courses. It just remains to me to decide what to take next semester, hmmm... there are so many options.

As for my daily life, it is rather dull and boring with moments of insanity and drama thrown in for a bit of spice. I spend most of my days now in the office waiting for people to call or fielding phone calls from people who might call... or calling people who have called.. or I spend it online at any of three sites that seem to have sucked me in, one being Tribe which is not so bad, it is similar to Friendster but it tends to work a bit better and load faster, The next one though is a serious addiction, bordering upon OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Myspace by far blows the two previous out of the water with it's speed and load time, user features and general accessability to others.

It has become an addiction that my friends have remarked upon and to this end I have started taking long walks outside, despite the cold, I love this city it's beauty pulls at me, the clean air, the skies so clear, It's youthfulness next to the history of our state, everything about this city pulls at me. The young intellectuals that reside in the myriad of coffee houses, bars and clubs, sitting side by side with the freaks and geeks, sorority girls and Frat boys, The wanted and unwanted all residing together in this beautiful kaleidescope of a city.

However; I do miss Houston, my friends, my family. being able to go somewhere and hang out for hours on end with people that truly mean the world to me. I wish we were closer to each other, but life and choices have pulled us apart. I miss the dirty beauty of Houston and the northern suburbs/towns of Tomball, Spring and those unnamed areas that we've all given names to, like slices of a big pie they all fit into the puzzle to form a whole work of art.

Hopefully soon I will be able to see it, to experience it. I am still working out getting a ride to Houston to see my family for the holidays. Several options have presented themselves to me, but my odd little workload has prevented me from accepting them. My parents say they'll come and get me if they have to, but I don't want to place that burden upon them. They've had to deal with so much that I don't want to place additional strain on them. Heck I think just my coming home and adding another mouth to feed will be hard enough on them.

I tend to worry about others more than I do myself, I often put my own thoughts and feelings aside if it will help someone else. This has been a detriment to my entire life, to moving forward to become what I want to become, even though the path I'm on is planned and I'm doing it for others in my life, I want to know that my efforts are for me as well, I've made so many choices with others in mind that it's hard to think about what I need and so easy to forget about wants, to simply walk away from something that could be good. All because my duty to others comes first.

I have so much going on in my life, the war, my family, I'm still single, College, The Apartments, Work, Friends... I tend to exist in a perpetual state of tense, I can't relax it seems. I haven't been sleeping a lot lately, my eating habits are the subject of concern among my friends and coworkers. I say these things not to worry you or to make you feel for me, these things are what they are, this is a part of my life, I know that someday things might work out and everything will be okay.

The day is beautiful outside, if a bit cold, I'm going to go out and get something to eat and see what the world has to offer...

oh and in case you're wondering if you're going to get rid of me anytime soon, don't get your hopes up, apparantly I'll be around for a long time in fact according to Deathclock my personal day of death is Tuesday, April 4, 2051.

hopefully this will satisfy y'all for a little while, if not then feel free to contact me or post a reply in my comments. Have a great one all! Happy Holidays or whatever makes you happy.

HELP OUT !!!
Hey, Texas Rollergirls fans!

As you may already know, Texas Rollergirls' own badass Pris (Chelsea Taylor) suffered a holiday tragedy when her house caught fire and burned last week. Pris and her mom are just fine physically, but they lost a lot of their personal belongings in the fire. The big-hearted folks at Ego's -- and some kick-ass bands -- have offered to help with a fundraiser this Saturday, December 20. It's a punk rock BBQ to help Pris and her mom get back on their feet in time to enjoy the rest of the holidays.

What: Punk Rock BBQ to benefit Pris
Where: Ego's on South Congress @ Riverside
Date: Saturday, December 20
Time: 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Music from: Amber Violand, Seaflea, The Dickens, and The Rockland Eagles

Thanks in advance for coming out on Saturday -- and an extra special thank you to Ego's for their unflagging support of the Texas Rollergirls.

Best wishes for a safe, happy holiday season,
The Texas Rollergirls

P.S. If you wish to make a donation via paypal you can do so at the following link...

(You may need to cut and paste the link)

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=candycornqueen%40hotmail.com&item_name=Pris+house+fire+fundraiser&no_note=1&tax=0¤cy_code=USD&lc=US

No comments: