Monday, December 01, 2003

Sorry about not writing sooner or calling any of you back, this weekend has been fraught with drama and trauma. I spent most of my holiday with my family,helping out my Dad. How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was a bit Dysfunctional, but still well spent with family. The Holidays are going to be hard for them, Mom works for the school district and with all these holidays coming up her paychecks are going to keep getting shorter and shorter. My brother's looking good though he's lost a lot of weight from working constantly, at least I hope that's why, I think he weighs something like 195 now and that's amazing considering he's always been up in the 230/240's. Dad's doing better since his surgery, but he still whines like a little baby, I know it hurts, but he's got to get up and move around and I'm not going to cut him any slack.

I did get to see my sister and her family, with the exception of my niece Haley, but I did get to play with both Cheyanne and Garret and that was a lot of fun. I've never been close to getting to know her husband Chris, but he seems a decent enough guy, I remember he and vicky drove out to Hempstead practically when my truck decided to upchuck it's transmission fluid, so I know he's not a bad guy, but he's not a very open person either.

It was good to get out of Austin for a bit, to actually see old friends and know that they are doing well. You might be proud to know that I only went to Starbucks once when I was in Spring and once was enough. Some things are hard to face, especially when you might run into someone that you hurt so much. but I can't live my life as a lie, so it is what it is..

The Drama here at El Rio has been interesting to say the least. There was a fire, a "supposed assault" which really didn't happen, but the girl involved was egged on by the local police into filing charges, no it wasn't me, I was still in Houston when this all happened. Apparantly someone went to jail and there were police, fire and ems all around the building. I think there was a bottle of Irish Whiskey and some beer involved. I got a call the next day on Saturday and that sent me into a flurry of packing and driving back to Austin.

Then Saturday night more Drama happened which someone a friend of mine has asked me not to speak of, but even typing this is going to get you to wonder and it is technically speaking of the incident. Once again I'm not involved other than being a friend.

It's been a little crazy here at El Rio for the past few days, I leave and the whole place just starts falling apart, it's a little odd, maybe it has something to do with the weather or the Holidays? perhaps everyone had too much Turkey and their blood sugar levels were elevated to the point of insanity.

I'm just trying to maintain a level of objectivity in this whole mess. There are too many people involved, most of my friends here.

On to the next bit of news, I'll be in Spring/Houston next weekend, Our Friend Uncle Sam has asked for my presence. There is a military ball coming up and just to be honest for a few minutes I actually entertained the idea of asking someone to go, but I screwed up things with that someone and knowing her thoughts and the fact that the tickets are $50 each I thought it best not to. My unit's threatening me with activation again, this time it would be the full meal deal, there's a unit being formed and they've asked for volunteers as we have yet to be assigned this mission, but knowing the military as we do it won't be long before someone get's assigned to fill these vacancies. I'm not saying anything that we both don't already know, Yes, I could be taken at any time that's just how it works and it sucks, but I have only myself to blame. So I'll be in town by Friday, possibly sooner, if you want to get together or whatever let me know.

Once again, Sorry for not calling/emailing I'm a dork and have been really busy, believe it or not this is actually the first time I've had to sit down to the computer and just type. Anyway I hope your weekend went well and that you enjoyed the break from life, How's that going by the way? I know I'm trying to add a lot here at the end and Yes, I'm a dork, but I'm not all bad, one day though...one day I will have it all figured out and until then I've got to be what I've got to be. I hope your week is starting out well and good and that it only gets better! Have a great one!

Hugh

No comments: