Thursday, November 13, 2003

I AM HUGH...
Sometimes
I feel too deeply.
I fall in love too quickly.
I cry too easily.
I laugh too loud.
Sometimes
I need too desperately.
I hold on to sorrows that need to be forgotten.
I walk too slowly. I drive too quickly. I forget to call old friends.
I forget to brush my hair. Sometimes.
Sometimes
I can't remember how to breathe
and I can't bear to leave my house
for fear of failing.
Sometimes
I scream and I hurt the ones I love the most.
Sometimes
I am too weak
too WEAK
to control my urges, my angers, my passions, my tears.
I get afraid,
sometimes,
of waking up alone.
Of living the rest of my life
alone.
Of going to bed
alone.
Of dying
alone.
Sometimes
I just sit and watch the rain fall
forever.
And my breath falls upon the ground
like dried leaves
and for a moment I forget
that
I am afraid.

No comments: