Sunday, June 06, 2004

I'm a big fan of the comma myself and use it absurdly, but then absurdity is the thing to do these days, kind of like being on a reality t.v. show. Yes, I write, but I hesitate to call myself a writer even though anyone who can pick up a pencil and drag it across a piece of paper is technically a writer. My own work includes, poetry, lyrics, short stories, massive amounts of pages of illegible well past midnight scrawlings among other things. I have so much in me that I need to get out and I can't always find the words. Lately I've been in a slump, I have a character, an idea, a moment, but I don't know where to go with him... he seems so lost in the rain I don't know how to bring the sunshine back into his life.

I must say though that I'm entertained by the notion of "act wisely" if I did that I wouldn't be on the internet, but then the search for truth doesn't have a paved road or a map, so maybe the internet is appropriate after all. Read? Yes, Yes I read a lot. Practically anything I can get my hands on though I grew up in mythology/history/ sci-fi/fantasy realm and have lately in the past few years ventured into the fictional arena of Vonnegut, Welsh, Pahlaniuk, etc.

Do you enjoy playing in the rain, how wonderful is that? I need more friends that don't mind getting a little wet and muddy. Most don't seem to understand that it's the same thing as taking a shower or walking through Houston on any given day of the year and they're perfectly fine with that.

This could go on and on, but I've got to get some sleep in me before the dawn gets too much closer. enjoyed and looking forward to more replies. I doubt most of us will ever meet as I don't happen to live on your street or even in your neighborhood, but if fate does turn it's eye our way I'd like to think we'd at least be great friends. Have a great one all!


No comments: