Monday, January 31, 2005

I've spent the past two days rebuilding my laptop. I know pretty amazing stuff, I don't know if I'm doing this out of shere boredom or the actual need for a real computer to do my work on. I somehow contracted a virus or something awhile back that wiped my .sys files. I tried my best to recover my system almost any way I could, but alas there was no other way than to reformat my harddrive thus also losing everything in the hard drive, most of my writing, my photos, my meager works, my writing I think is what I'll miss the most. I'll be able to re-scan all my photos if I can find them, but the writing, if I didn't have a printed copy or another copy online somewhere then they are lost forever. I don't think I want to think about all the words I've lost, the emotions poured forth onto the screen. There is so much that I've written that I'll never be able to recover. So now I try to rebuild, I'm looking through my burned cd's, old floppy disks and even online in places I haven't looked at in a long time. hopefully I'll be able to recover most of it. hopefully.

No comments: