Friday, May 19, 2006

A few old pieces brought forth into the light once again, they were written for someone who never got the chance to read them. So I give them freely to you.

Springtime in August

One brilliant August evening,
just as sundown fades to night,
their gazes met, and for the first
time, shared each other's light.
Now, wondering how he came to this
most glorious of lives,
thoughts center on the origins
of love without disguise.

Love may be accidental or
meticulously planned
But that night, by some twist of fate,
the heavens took a stand
and called to him from up on high,
"Her heart is filled with light!"
And so began, then, you and I,
on that good August night.
---------------
Though distance separates us both,
the stars connect us now
Their fire yields to ours the way
'Till time and space allow
the bringing of our hearts to one,
the masterpiece complete
forever here, with you in arms
From which I shan't retreat.
---------------
you are my moonlight sonata,
and all the tangled lips we bind
are the whole notes that I find
encompass every bit of happiness
that's in this measure of my life.
---------------
This refrain of connection and
the presence of perfection in
a moment of the birth of something new
has got me feeling very blessed
because tonight I'd never guessed
connections made, the best refrain
would perfectly be you.

No comments: