Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mark Twain said it.

The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot.
- Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

Violence isn't the answer, but sometimes it feels so good to let go. I've got some stuff building up in me and it needs a release.

I've got a lot going on in my life right now, just like everyone else, but this is mine and so it affects me more than others. I'm attempting to face the world with a smile on my face and to be as I often tell my friends, "like a duck in the rain or a penguin on the ice and just let it slide" I'm a rock in a raging river and I'm standing fast, but time will wear me down and I dont know if I can stand that test.

I'm surviving.

Thats not the best answer, if you take a minute or longer to think about it you'll understand that there is more meaning in that simple statement than I am letting on to.

It's not living.

It's surviving. it's crawling forward, taking one more breath, its going without sleep, but waking up tired, its emotionally tearing me apart and there isnt anything else I can do about it. It's holding myslef together while standing in the face of the storm. It's all I can focus on.

I will survive, I will go on.

No comments: