Thursday, January 23, 2003

These past few days have been extremely interesting, The pace has picked up and I've received some news that I knew was coming, but I dreaded. I will probably not have the opportunity to post much more than a few times over the next few days and after that, I don't know.

I've spent the time I have with friends, we've been going all over town saying goodbye to everyone. I spent time tonight at Fry's and Wal-Mart getting last minute travel supplies. I picked up two books from Barnes & Noble, "FightClub" and "Choke" by Chuck Palhiniuk, I ate a Chipotle last night, but the food is just not as good, leave there with a sick feeling. It's odd I'm not going to eat there again, not like I'll get the opportunity for awhile anyway.

Tonight Jane ( from Thailand) and Alex ( from China ) cooked me a going away dinner, it was phenomenal, truly authentic cooking, it makes me long for Japan again even though I know the dishes weren't japanese. I can't even begin to describe the flavors and textures they crafted, but it was amazing. Later after running around all day with Dave, I wound up hanging with my buddy Daniel at Plucker's where they had $3 34oz mugs of shiner, I only had one, but it was good. We discussed everything from movies, sports, the military to the upcoming conflict. I won't put my views here.

I'm leaving soon and everything is going to be alright, I'll support my Commander in Chief to the best of my ability and hopefully he'll do the same. it is late and I have things that need to be resolved before I leave. Thank you one and all for patronizing my blog. have a great life.

No comments: