Thursday, January 23, 2003

This morning I received the official word, your's truly is going to the big show, what that means in a nutshell is that I'm being mobilized. yep OlHugh's going to be taking a trip. How do I feel about this you might wonder? I'm confused, a little in shock, it's still not real to me, I don't even know if it will be real when I step up onto that plane.

I knew this was coming, I didn't put my life on hold for it. In fact I'm spending this afternoon with a good friend and tonight with even more friends. I had a couple of job offers, but I'll have to decline them now. I've already started packing my stuff into boxes. there's only a few things left. I have some people coming to get it soon.

If you want to get ahold of me while I'm gone, the only way I have for you to reach me now is via my military account: hugh.h.melrose@us.army.mil

Thanks and goodbye...for now.

No comments: