Thursday, May 01, 2003

So it's Thursday night and I'm in Kansas City, Kansas posting live to you from the road. A few days ago I left Houston, Texas and while in the airport was practically violated, had 5 things of mine confiscated by TSA and almost missed my flight, I was in Tulsa, Oklahoma and my brief stay there was uneventful at best, perhaps the most exciting thing was sharing the back 6 seats of a plane with a couple of attractive flight attendants, even though all that occurred was casual conversation, still it was an envious position to be in. Having arrived in Kansas City, Missouri I quickly grabbed the rental car, a nifty Dodge intrepid ( it's silver )and lead footed it over to the Kansas side of the city as fast as I could, Seeing as how I have business interests just to the north of the city. now I'm sitting here in the living room of my suite at the beautiful former prison administration offices that are now affectionately called the Riverside Apartments, building 427 here at lovely Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. I can't really explain what my job is here, but it's a doozy, very high profile. The Thunderstorms have been exceptionally show stopping, and the scenery/greenery around here is a welcome change from the local shrubbery around North Houston. Being near the river reminds me a lot of Austin and that brings back other memories. Yet I digress, The little town of leavenworth just outside of the Fort boasts a beautiful Downtown, including the High Noon Saloon/Brewery where I've been taking most of my meals in the evenings. It's an excellent restraunt and I reccomend it to everyone who might come here.

In other news there is a chapter of Team Army Cycling here that I'm involved with and while I haven't yet been able to contact any of the people here, I have seen them racing around post, it seems to me this post was designed for cycling. Regretfully my bike is still in storage in Spring, Texas. Due to my activation and work schedule I don't get enough time to ride anymore. Lately I've just been burnt out on everything. I meant it in my earlier posts that caffeine was the only thing keeping me alive.

where will I end up next? perhaps Houston by the fourth of May, in the evening sometime. I currently have no plans except work for Cinco De Mayo, but it could be arranged. Here's a reminder: 11 MAY 2003 equals Mother's Day. Plan accordingly.

I'm currently finishing off a half-gallon of Helfelweisen a German beer imported and sold at the High Noon Saloon, apparantly you can purchase a 64oz. bottle to go, what a restraunt. Tonights special was all you can eat ribs for 11.99 and a few plates later I was ready to proclaim these "The best ribs outside of the state of Texas." So tonight I sit here after having worked to the point of exhaustion for the past few days and I write to you oh reader of mine, to let you know what's going on in my fevered mind. FYI: I have been able to post over at Alicia's in her comments so feel free to peruse and make your own. To end I shall wish you all a goodnight and whatever makes you happy.

No comments: