Tuesday, July 08, 2003

*NEWS FLASH!!* My Finals are completed!!! WOO HOO, now I just need to prepare for my trip...

Tyson, Nicki, Adam and Haitham, friends scattered to the winds, You are all missed.

In other news I ran into someone I've been wanting to talk to for awhile this past weekend, it was awkward, but it's a start, hopefully a misunderstanding will be soon resolved and things will progress. It's hard to let someone into your life and then have them leave. It will take time, but I'm willing to wait.

Interesting events will be unfolding in the next few days, I'm not sure if I'll have time to post, but I'll say it here right now anyway. I'm leaving for a bit, heading out into the wide world. Don't worry though. I'll be back.

Don't forget to check out the latest mirror project

Todays July 8 This or ThatTitled: Summer Potpourri

1. Strawberries or blueberries? blueberries, but strawberry jelly and shakes are great!
2. "Legally Blonde 2" or "Terminator 3"? haven't seen either, yet
3. Hamburgers or hot dogs? Hamburgers every time
4. Boating or hiking? Hiking
5. Suntan lotion or sunblock? block
6. "Big Brother" or "The Amazing Race"? hands down the amazing race
7. Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett? both
8. Grow your own produce or buy from supermarket/greengrocer/farm stand? buy
9. Drive with car windows/top down, or with air-conditioning on? windows down
10. Go away for vacation, or stay at home? away for vacation that's what it's for right?

Last weeks Friday Five, late but up:
1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
King Arthur and the knights of the round table
2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
all of them...
3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything?
I recently reread some Dr. Seuss and the Tao of Pooh to bring me back down to unreality
4. How old were you when you first learned to read?
I think I learned to read before I learned to crawl and I haven't stopped since
5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
6 or 7 I started in on reading hardcore at an early age... I know I'm such a nerd...

speaking of being nerdy, just when we all thought the Cartoon Network had the market on everything zany, imaginative and illustrative, here comes a site that breaks us free from the Hanna-Barbera chains of love. Now you can be your very own cartoonist with cartoonster.com. (Although we can't guarantee top-notch replications of crazy sounds, swirling bundles of fleeing-the-scene dust and mail-order ACME products.) This site provides the basics for kids and young adults to learn a downright zippy trade. Even if you have no interest in drawing or animation, take a spin —- we guarantee that you'll look at animation in a different light.

No comments: