Tuesday, June 24, 2003

"And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." -Isaiah, Isaiah 2:4

it's wonderful to dream isn't it?

"In words as fashions the same rule will hold,
Alike fantastic if too new or old:
Be not the first by whome the new are tried,
Nor yet the last to lay the old aside."
-Alexander Pope, Essay On Criticism, An

"Far or forgot to me is near;
Shadow and sunlight are the same;
The vanished gods to me appear;
And one to me are shame and fame.
They reckon ill who leave me out;
When me they fly, I am the wings;
I am the doubter and the doubt,
And I the hymn the Brahmin sings."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, Brahma

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep."
-Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost, Road Not Taken, The

We as a people have a long way to go, but in the end, perhaps we will be able to be able to live together, the journey is long and if what we do now has an effect on the future then we must do all we can and make a difference...


No comments: