Thursday, June 19, 2003

"I woke up one day..."
So now I try to look at the small beauties around me everyday.
Things people pass by and take for granted.
I find beauty in a piece of glass in a mud puddle,
a cat perched on a fence,
idly watching the world go by
the laughter in a good friends smile, etc.
I believe very few people can see
the true beauty in things
and I strive to be one of those people
with eyes wide open
I enjoy: lounging outside,
mountain biking, getting sweaty on a hot day,
then a cold dip in the lake
introducing myself to random people,
going to museums and plays,
concerts and midnight movies,
snowboarding and skiing,
writing and reading,
staying up late
to have long, intense conversations, etc, etc.
all because...
" I woke up one day, afraid I was going to live."

No comments: