Monday, June 23, 2003

Today is my birthday, dudunnnaduduDah! yeah it's your birthday too!

This weekend was great, I was able to spend it with almost all of my friends and I saw someone I'd wanted to see for a long time, we kind of passed in the daylight, like two ships, but it was good to see them.

Interestingly enough my morning of my birthday didn't go so well. While driving to work on freeway at my usual fast as fast can be speed I was astonished when what should occur to me, but my breaks went out, went wild and free. So to my offramp I drove at an unstoppable speed right off to the side where I only could proceed up around down and in to the parking lot of the local burger king, by that time I thought my truck might slow down when upcoming to me was a steep drop to the ground, so out I flew to apply what I could the strength of one man pitted against my trucks hood. I pushed and I shoved and dug in my heels, all I could do was to slow spinning wheels, I tried what I could, I did what I might and it wasn't until I came to the edge that my vehicle stopped inside creating a wedge in the left front fender of a local cop car. I heaved a sigh of near startled relief for my truck I had stopped only to incure more grief, for the vehicle I had struck in this parking lot, was owned and operated by a UT cop. understanding he was with my sad little tail, my expired insurance and lack drivers license detail, no ticket forthcoming just paperwork needed, and after a supervisor and multiple others arrived, switched out his car and proceeded to drive. I was on my way to work I know, but without my breaks there was nowhere to go. so I phoned my job understanding they were and we hobknobbed a reason and a course a tow truck was in order, of course. towed to the northside of houston I was, where I had a contact at a local brake service dealer and my truck went up as I sat down, after a few hours I realized what a clown that today is my birthday, the perfect day for something like this to happen...it's practically a classic..

No comments: