Friday, April 04, 2003

Friday, another week burnt out of existence. where have you been? There and back again. The remnants of this week are filled with the scents of caffeine, boot polish and sweat. the sights are many with a green, black and brown patterned splashed by sunspots. The temperature is rising, though the nights remain cool and windy. I'm reminded of Austin,

Of all I've left behind in the pursuit of duty. I have regrets and longings of which I will not take up your time and go into. I do miss the sun scattered patterns of a certain creek, where I could lay with friendly company in the water and forget the day away. I miss those crowded student filled streets, coffee houses and easy access books. swimming in Barton Springs. Riding the bike trails, breathing in that clean, dry hill-country air. The future seemed impossibly reachable there. I miss Austin fiercely.

Yet I digress, where have I been, Classified, that's where I've been. Though some of you see me around, here mostly. I'm thankful for internet cafe's, USO's and coffee houses. A little piece of home on the road. I believe If I did own stock in Starbucks, I would be able to fund my own empire based on the amount of caffeine I myself have consumed.


No comments: