Thursday, April 17, 2003

Last night I got in my car and everything was feeling good, I just wanted to keep driving and driving. I don’t know why or how, but I drove to places I rarely visit anymore and remembered things I thought I had buried, that I thought I had forgotten. Life is funny sometimes, it throws you curves when you least expect and even when you expect it. Life tends to hit you broadside like a Mac Truck on steroids flying downhill with no brakes and other times, life flows smoothly like a stream, shadowed only slightly by dappled sunlight.

Was yesterday such a day as a Mack Truck? No, the day was a good day and this night, this wondrous full moon filled night. I had a great dinner that followed a day jam packed full of activity. I spent the evening with friends both new and old discovering insights into both myself and them while enjoying a cup of my favorite blend of mint tea and honey at my home away from home, starbucks. The discussions turned from the future to the past, to wants and needs, base desires and dislikes. I questioned my own beliefs on a few topics and did not find myself wavering.

Pleasantly unexpected I received a phone call from someone that I thought I had lost touch with, but who remained constantly close to me in my mind. Things were said, while others went unsaid, some brought sadness, but hope shines eternal others were happy as is wont to happen. implied possibilities for the future contact and the regaining of a friendship imperiled by multiple constructs of the aforementioned mind. What will come of this conversation? Positives are my only hope for endeavors hereto come someday.

Where am I now that I can write to you in such a manner, I’m centered and at what seems peace, if only for the moment, chaos reigns with the dawns early light which is when I’ll get a chance to post this…perhaps. We’ll see with the dawn what arises.

So to end this semi lengthy post, I shall end with this request, soak up the dappled sunlight and wander by a stream, if not for your own sake, then for mine. These are the days which shall shine brightest for our young souls, but with brightest light comes deepest dark and too often we find ourselves giving pause in the shadows, lingering in the places not warmed by the sun. Soon enough our tale will be told ended and gone, then others shall walk by the stream, but for now, please enjoy the sliver of sky between the branches.

No comments: