Friday, April 18, 2003

I wrote this yesterday while at starbucks, let me know what you think.

Trapped in a dream
Spiraling down a staircase
Of mentally streaming photographs
Stretched mind out into infinite existence
Frozen outcast lost
Standing tall in the crowd
Sensing danger
Terror drops
This state of mind
Dwelling in private tortures
Walking in circles
We walk away
Only to arrive where we began
What if I want to fly I cry
Like never before
This life as a shadow blooms
Passes into darkness petals
Falling
Upon the waters edge
In the desert
Of my loneliness
Holding a moment
Cupped in the palm of my hand
an angel births wings
spreads high in flight
departing with sweetness sorrowed
ambitions are ambiguous
ashes fall like tears from the heavens
innocence is burning
candy and poison are one and the same
forcing fragility in this life
weakness enters the mind
through it the body is afflicted
labeled fragile
caught in the moons embrace
In the way of silence
I am inhabited by a cry
Oh beloved silence
This madness
Memories like ghosts appear
Reflecting mythology in this white room
Reluctantly the sun also rises
Awakening in the garden of truth
The first time under a sheet
Trapped inside
Where I belong
In my dream

No comments: