Monday, October 13, 2003

It is well past midnight so I can begin todays posting with gusto!

I've been attempting to study all day yesterday and still am, though I did have to take a break to show apartments, fix an air conditioner and deal with an insane tenant, not to mention the fact that I saw Quenton Tarantino's new movie "Kill Bill" which I highly reccomend you go seeing.

As for the studying, I'm getting back to that soon, but in the meantime I need to say something.

I should have realized the truth of this sooner. "A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same." -Elbert Hubbard

and that, "Friends are treasures." -Horace Bruns

I just want to say, that if you're reading this still, I'm sorry for all the things I didn't say, for all the words that went unspoken, the words misunderstood and the trust I broke, for the pain I've caused and the ending it caused. I miss you very much and only wish for your happiness. Please, forgive me.

"We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence."
-Joseph Roux

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely." -Pam Brown

My friend Haitham will be leaving to go to Puerto Rico soon, I just learned of this from him not too long ago. Haitham is a great man, very intelligent and cultured, he's good to have a conversation with and always willing to listen, I shall endeavor to be his friend for a long time. He will be sorely missed around the coffee shop, I think my world will get a little more dim when he is gone. but he won't be far away and I shall endeavor again to visit him in Puerto Rico and not just for the location, but because I can truly count this man among my brothers.

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." -Muhammad Ali

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow grow, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation." -George Washington

"The road to a friend's house is never long." -Danish proverb

No matter where you go, or how far away you are, whether we speak tomorrow or in a month or a year, know that I'll keep you constantly in my thoughts for you are a friend held dear and close to my heart. I'm not always good with my emotions when we speak, but know that with you by my side I could never be weak. A true friend you are and I can't help but realize it too late to let you know. but all of you that I know I count you as close as family and wish you all the best in your lives.

It is late, or early as you might put it, time is all relative. I need to get some sleep so I can wake up later today and continue studying.

No comments: