Thursday, October 09, 2003

So I hung out with Lance Armstrong tonight, how rad is that? He was having a book signing at Bookpeople. I wore my International Mountain bikers association shirt with all the patches from where I've ridden and we traded stories of rides it was seriously excellent. too bad they wouldn't allow pictures though, but I did get an autograph on his latest book and that is still cool. So I got to meet someone famous, and you know what? he got to meet someone infamous.... me...haha. I'msure he gets that all the time. my friend nicki says she sees him at barton springs all the time, along with dozens of other celebrities, she's wasn't impressed. I love bookpeople, they always have these signings, in a couple of days Terry Pratchet will be there for one and I met Bruce Campbell there and a few others. Bruce was cool, I had no idea that he grew up with Sam Raimi and has a brother in the Army, it was great fun. You don't get to chat long with a line though so I make it a point to be towards the end of the line, that way I can chat a little bit and not too many people will get pissed at me.I know how to work a signing, got it down to an art practically, though I need to start bringing a chair, I was in line for almost 2 hours!!, though some people had been there since noon and already finished the book. So in comparison to some I didn't have to wait that long and I now have a signed copy of his book and I can check another celebrity off my list

As you can see I've had a bit too much caffeine tonight which was a consequence of studying really hard for my Exam this evening and I was really excited about meeting Lance, afterwards I just couldn't keep from being so stoked about it all and I wanted to share, but some of you might not want to listen to me ramble on and so now I must bid you goodnight I have to go harrass some more people about this and maybe try to study for my next exam...

No comments: