Monday, August 04, 2003

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." -Jerry Seinfeld

This is so true, I spent most of Sunday at the local barnes and noble with friends, it was interesting just gravitating from section to section and spending hours perusing books that you wouldn't normally read and sharing them with each other. Then Text messaging other friends in the process to try to drag them into the mix, it wasn't happening. Later Zach, Crystal and myself wound up at the Sun & Ski where we shopped for and tried out some bikes, then put two Marin's on layaway specifically the Hawk Hill in glossy black, Tax Free weekend Rules! Afterwards we headed over to La Tapatia, a great little Mexican food restraunt on Stuebner and 1960 across 1960 from Half-Price Books. The food was good and the company interesting, all in all a good time. After awhile people had to leave and it was time to make my customary run up to Starbucks where I ran into Timbo, Anita, Alicia, Aaron, Zach, Greg, Jen, Aslynn, Nigel, Ryan, Meredith, Michelle, Nicole, and so many others... it was fun and games and whatever else you want to name...

I've got to run, but I'll write more later! have a great one!

*updated at 8:20 a.m.*

Last night was filled with friends and good conversation and later a phone call was received that brought a smile to my face and happily I stayed up late. This morning was begun in dread, my truck has been acting funny, the transmission has been having problems shifting into gears, I thought my transmission was slipping, but I went home late and spoke with my Dad, we took a look at it and realized I just needed some transmission fluid. at least I had hoped that was the case and so far it seems we were right. The truck ran fine, better than it has in awhile. I came into work earlier than expected and ready to seize the day. Physical Training went well, though I think I was dragging due to lack of sleep or just a lack of motivation. I'm not sure, but thanks to a high speed master sergeant he helped motivate me and I picked up the pace.

Today feels like it's going to be a good day.

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." -Ralph W. Sockman

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit." -Helen Keller

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." -Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windemere's Fan"

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Ziggy

No comments: