Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Hello Austin, my old friend, I have returned unto you. I'm still unpacking all my crap, I start classes later today( night school at ACC Rio Grande Campus ) Gov't 2 from 5:40 - 6:55 on Tues/Thurs and Physical Geography at 7:05 - 9:45 p.m. on Tuesdays only, Right now I'm only taking the two classes due to my schedule and cash flow. I've already begun my job ( which so far is too friggin easy) here at the El Rio Apartment complex, while looking for another one to help supplement my income.

I'm going to need some down time, some unwound time in a real short time, so let me know if you've got something planned. My friend Jason let me know there's a big free Concert in the Parking lot at Guitar Center near the Galleria on Labor Day so I might head down there for that, once again cash flow is going to be a big factor now that I don't have all this gov't money flowing into my pockets.

I think I'm settling in here at the apartment complex, it's just going to take me some time to get the feel of freedom again, I know what you might think by looking at me I seem to be pretty much the same, but I feel different inside and the inclusion of working where I live has I think settled a complex on my mind. I tend to take my duties very seriously at times and it might be affecting how I interact with my fellow tenants.

Last night I hung out with Dave and Matt, we went and got some Pho Noodles, very Vietnamese place, excellent food, you should go there, but don't be daunted by the waiters abrupt nature. Anyway I digress, what I was getting to is that I'm disconnected with what's going on, or at least I felt that way with the conversation, I had nothing to offer to it, I don't know if I'll be able to relate to the people I live with. My information is so old, I'm not current with what's going on. I'm not really sure what to do to remedy this. I think I just need time to adjust. to things.

I do miss my friends in Houston, I wonder what's going on with them and I hope you all don't think that just because I'm here in Austin that I've forgotten about you or that I don't think of you at all. I cherish the friendships I have and I look forward to the day when I can see you all again. I know it seems like we're scattering to the four winds, but you'll always wherever you are you'll always be close to my heart and in my mind.

I do have some things to do today, such as pick up books for my classes and keep working on my apartment, lots of stuff to go through still, I hope you're having a good day! give me a call sometime if you're in town or just want to talk, 512-947-2848. I will post later!

I almost forgot last weeks Friday Five, on todays Tuesday!!
1. When was the last time you laughed?
- This morning, my buddy Dave showed me some funny web comics on www.plif.com funny, but slightly disturbing
2. Who was the last person you had an argument with?
- I'm not sure if it was an argument more like a disagreement, but it would be Matt last night at Pho's, if not that, then with my parents before moving to Austin
3. Who was the last person you emailed?
- My good buddy Mike aka DJ Lngrrr aka Shoutedsilence
4. When was the last time you bathed?
- haha, umm this morning, early. yeah I got my scrub on...haha
5. What was the last thing you ate?
- The Aforementioned Dave cooked a late brunch of Bacon & Egg soft tacos, with some crazy italian coffee that's got my heart pumping...good stuff, good times.

And with that I am off to seize the day!!

No comments: