Saturday, August 09, 2003

I just got up a little while ago, my hairs all messy and I still need to stretch out, but other than that I'm good for a saturday morning.

Saturday morning cartoons are the best! at least I used to think so, somehow through the years they have changed, altered into something new and unknown to me. I both dislike and like the idea of growing up, but I still long for those nostalgic days of yester year, when I scrambled out of bed early with my brother and sister to be the first downstairs for a breakfast of cereal or eggo waffles, sometimes my parents would get up and make us all pancakes and we'd sit around the table enjoying the moment, then it was off to see the cartoons. Some of those days I remember with a fondness. Today I'm eating honey nut cheerios, which I haven't done in forever and in case you're wondering, yes I do drink the remaining milk from the bowl.

Of course not everything was storybook bliss, there were the moments of not wanting to get up, making a mess in the kitchen, my sister's attempts at making cookies often resulted in some bland tasteless little disks that she insisted on putting cake icing all over. the mornings in front of the t.v. fighting over the controller, or my parents simply just fighting over nothing. I love my parents, but I'm not sure of their relationship, it's one of a love/hate variety. a lot of times lately they seem to yelling more than communicating. I've seen that way too much over the years and have learned that I don't want that kind of relationship.

I know that most of the people in my family yell to communicate, or at least speak with a very forcefully high volumed voice to this end I think I have developed a speaking pattern that sets my voice at a lower more mellow volume. My friends and coworkers have noticed it when I try to speak with them that at times they can't seem to hear me and I have to force myself to speak at either a normal ( to them ) or higher volume and that can get kind of awkward as I have to repeat myself several times for them to hear me. I think I developed this so that my parents and other family members would have to stop yelling and be quietto hear me. So if I'm talking to you and you can't seem to hear me, though I'm sitting right next to you, just tell me to turn up the volume and I'll do so.

I'm blunt and honest everyday some people can't deal with that, they apply all these social and personal boundaries to what they'll say and feel, trapping them in a little cage of self. it's good to be blunt and even better to have class and be so. So in having class and in consideration of others feelings I don't say all that I have to say. Though lately I've gotten on this little kick with something that my friend Jason and I find amusing, but it has come to my attention that his girlfriend, Leslie and our friend Anita (Alicia's Sister), do not find it funny and I would formally like to apologize and say that I honestly meant nothing by it, It was funny at the beginning and we just kept it going, you know how guys are and I'll be the fist to say I'm sorry.

And now for the weather report: I think my sister and the rugrats are coming over a little later today, The three hurricanes inbound are Haley age 6 almost 7, Cheyanne age 4, and Mr. Garret Hatcher coming in at a mighty age 2, and they're just crazy mad with all the bundles of new creation energy burning within them, all over the place, it's beautiful. They're great to hang out with I can get them all wound up and then send them home to mama. I love those little munchkins, more than anything, though I'd like them even better roasted over and open pit with some A-1 sauce...mmm..yummy. screw that fava beans and chianti mess...

After that last comment I think it's time for this week's Saturday Scruples!

1) You want a job that requires experience you don't have. Do you lie on your resume?
- No, because it will come out in the end that you don't know the stuff you're supposed to know for the job.
2) It's late and your 18-year-old asks permission for his/her steady to spend the night in his/her room. Do you permit it?
- No, not just no, but hell no! I remember my youth, heck I know how I am now and it wouldn't just be a slumber party all laughter and giggles. regardless of whether I have a son or a daughter this would be my answer.
3) You've been looking for a disc player. On the street someone offers to sell you a new one for $10. Do you buy it?
- it depends you're just say that someone on the street, what if that someone is an authorized Sony Street Vendor and they're running a special on disc players? lol, but if it's someone else I might have to say no.

And for the top news of the day: Tonight is Alicia's Birthday party, if you don't know you're so not in the loop, so be there sharp at like 8:30/9:00ish and the festivities will begin!! Don't forget to bring a million balloons and some pink macaroons!

This ends my posting for the day, I have a bike to take to Sun&Ski and another to put some cash down on, I have to call my apartment owner in Austin to accept the Manager's position along with emailing the local schools for leaniency on admissions and registration due to my time conflict. I'll also be out of town on the 17-21st of August, 2003. It's a beautiful day outside and I've been writing this for awhile, I'm so gone it's not even funny, have a great one all!

No comments: