Saturday, August 02, 2003

hugh is the #254 most common male name.
0.06% of men in the US are named hugh.
Around 73500 US men are named hugh!
source namestatistics.com


melrose is the #21386 most common last name.
0.0005% of last names in the US are melrose.
Around 1250 US last names are melrose!
source namestatistics.com


hmmm... I think this makes me a rare individual eh? try it out thanks to Leslie at Name Statistic

"Drove up to Hillside Manor sometime after two a.m. and talked a little while about the year I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower, Makes you talk a little lower about the things you could not show her And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself To hold on to these moments as they pass..."

"We might be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

"Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

Does anyone ever feel guilty about eating the little Goldfish with the smilies pressed into the cracker? In fact they're so delicious I've gotta go fishin!

Just a little randomness to fill a Saturday along with something new, the Saturday Scruples, a game of ethics in the form of questions:

1. You're on a committee to award a $100,000 prize. On e of the two front runners is a former childhood friend whose career has eclipsed yours. Do you steer the prize to the other candidate?

- No, I would award the prize to the most qualified, besides I'm in a committee and my vote only counts for a portion of the total.

Your marriage is under strain. A friend recommends an illegal drug that expands your love, understanding and sensuality. Do you try it?

- Drugs aren't the answer, there only a temporary fix to the problem and they will develop into new problems.

A friend gets drunk and confides that a month ago he injured a cyclist and didn't stop. Do you report your friend?

- I'm a cyclist myself and have been hit before, but the person is my friend so this puts me in a difficult place. Now my friend is also drunk and could be talking nonsense just to get me irritated, I honestly don't know until I'm in that situation.

That's it for Saturday! I'm going out to enjoy the day, later!

No comments: