Friday, September 12, 2003

An afternoon posting on Friday and so it begins...

Last night I went with my friend nicki to see the band, Damesviolet, that she's goofy over the singer about, anyway, that's where we went last night, but when we got there the band wasn't playing we couldn't understand why, Nicki found out this morning that their shows there had been canceled, too bad for them. We stayed anyway since we had already paid cover. I got to play chaperone and designated driver, I love being the voice of reason, we went with a couple of other people, everyone, but me drank a little too much and the storms rolled in to send some crazy lightning. I just stood back and watched the lightning, while they proceeded to get a little bit more than trashed. driving back was a little scary, we took one of our friends cars and I haven't driven in awhile and not that kind of car it was low and fast. I didn't have to force it to go like I do my truck. Then there was the storm to deal with, it's a good thing this is a little/big town and we didn't have to go far.

Everything with me is getting better, I can see the end to these stormy days and the light leading the way for me, just knowing that I have friends as special as you all are in my life makes me happier. I honestly care about you all and am happy to have such loving and trusting people in my life. not too mention the fact that y'all are cool to hang with as well.

I know others of you have offered to help me out and I was so surprised, I don't know if that's the right word to use, but I didn't want to put money between us and I know that might be a dumb way of saying things, but I don't want to put my friends in a financial burden, I know you would have freely given all you could have and that makes me smile, because if you needed it I would do the same for you. I know that y'all are here for me and I want you to know that I'm here for you if and when you need me, 24/7/365 rain or shine.

For those of you in school: How do you think you're doing? my courses are interesting, you've read about what's going there previously so I don't need to go into it anymore, I know I have a test in government next thursday and a paper due in a couple of weeks, I also have several extra-credit papers to do for my physical geography class, we've move on from topographic maps through plate-techtonics, past volcanoes and earthquakes and are now into the various types of rock themselves. it's all very interesting to me.

I won't be able to get to Houston this weekend unfortunately at least not right now anyway, I'm budgeting my finances, but I plan to do something next weekend, what are your plans? I could leave after my class on Thursday night or early Friday morning. just let me know and we can work something out. I need to go get some groceries and wash some dishes, then go do laundry. woo hoo big friday night plans eh? haha. seriously I am doing better, I wasn't before, but I am now. things are looking good for me. I hope they are looking good for you as well.

Now it's time for the Friday Five!

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
- Yes, I'm still officially who I am, officially...
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
- I like my middle name, Hudson, because it sounds cool and it's easier to pronounce than Hugh is for some, but everyone knows me as Hugh and that's fine by me.
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
- I was named after my Grandfather, it's a family name and there is a great story associated with it. I just hope I can live up to the legacy. My parents, I believe my Dad may have had a hand in it and quite possibly my Mom...who knows...
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
- no, not really, a names just a name, merely a label on the package, it's what's inside that counts.
5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn't it?
- This last one took a bit of work, I'd like to think that the first one showed a more realistic insight into me, but others would really have to have some say about this, As for the other two, the second one showed an entirely negative view of my name and who I appear to be, whereas the third one was just plain weird and I didn't understand it at all.

oh and try these sites out for some funny, crazy or just plain interesting stuff, enjoy!

1)http://www.pistolstardesign.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/links.htm
2) http://www.weebl.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
3) AccuRadio
4) Hackles
5) Dilbert
6) Japanese stuff
7) Ifilm - a great movie site

No comments: