Saturday, September 20, 2003

To all my friends and family, how dearly do I love thee! I know I haven't been posting as often as I used to here and that's okay, I've been trying to find other creative outlets for my...umm...creativitiy..err imagination, whatever you get the picture.

Yesterday my good friend Timbo came into town to hang with Nicki, Dave and I, we wandered the town a bit, we laughed, we joked, Traded stories with other tenants, Eric, Zach ( not my good buddy ZachAttack from Houston, but another Zach ) Mike, Chris. I retold my stories of my Birthday this past year, of my Corolla incidences that were just crazy but oh so true. Some people have a hard time believing them, but honestly these are too insane and too real. I can't make stuff like what's happened to me in my life up. well I probably could, but these are real. It was good to share with the people I live with, I've been leaving the door to the office open so that others can come in and just hang out and a topic generally arises and conversation ensues, it's been good for a lot of people. I'm thinking they get to know me a little bit better and aren't so worried that I'm labeled the manager, but as I've said, I'm just like one of them, my paying rent situation is a little different, but still I got to school and so do they. I might be a bit older than a few of them, but not by much. I'm making more friends here, but don't worry I don't forget the old.

Last night plans were made to stay in and have a little party, but those were amended to getting out of the building and having a good time. Ashli, Seth, Irish and Mike went to a place called Sabba's or Samba's, I'm not sure, Tim, Nicki and I almost went as well, but just in the nick of time Dave showed up, who icidentally had been working at the Austin City Limits festival which is going on this weekend down at Zilker Park, Anyway I digress, lol, I tend to do that a lot. Dave shows up, he's tired, been on his feet all day and doesn't want to go far, the suggestion is made if were going to drink and we don't want to go far, we go to Cain & Abel's which is conveniently located practically right across 24th Street. Timbo, Dave and I went, I think Nicki was a little tired so she went to bed early, I'm not sure. But the three of us shared several pitchers of their finest Budweiser and the night was good, The people were good, the conversation was excellent and the view, ah I love the view of Austin at night, almost as much as I love the view of Austin in the daylight.

Anyway I am wide awake now, I have been since about 10:30ish, but I didn't go to bed till about 4:40ish to 5:00ish and I'm just saying hello and goodmorning to you. I enjoyed last night, even through the haze walking home, it was close and I and mi compadres for the night made it home safe and well. We should do it again some time, just not too soon, lol.

I'm glad to report that I have no hangover and am able to function as if I never drank last night. Normally I don't drink like that, but a good friend of mine was in town and needed to blow off a little proverbial steam, not really of course, life is interesting sometimes, I won't bore you with the details since if you're reading this you already know that it is, I hope your day is going well, I'm going to clean up and attempt to enjoy mine, Have a great one!
later,
Hugh

No comments: