Saturday, September 06, 2003

This morning I read this on my friend, Leslies, profile on aim, and I thought I'd share it with you. I am not a religious person having had some not so good experiences with it in the past, I'm on a journey, like we all are to find ourselves...

It's quiet. It's early. My coffee is still hot. The sky is still black. the world is still asleep. The day is coming. In a few moments the day will arrive. It will roar down the track with the rising of the sun. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day. The calm of solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race. The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by the decisions to be made and the deadlines to be met. For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day's demands. It is now that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose. And so I choose. I choose love... No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness... I choose joy... I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance... I choose peace... I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live... -Max Lucado

I'm a big fan of qoutes, I know I've mentioned this before, but it's worth mentioning again. Today was great, the sun was out and shining despite the late night I had last night sitting up talking with my friends, trading stories and learning more about each other in the process. It was a good evening. This morning I was once again awoken by my good friend nicki who needed a ride to work at Barton Springs. Took her there ran into her boss and talked for a bit, came back here tried to sleep couldn't, called nicki up and a couple of us took her lunch from Schlotzlkys' Deli over on 21st and Guadalupe, we hung out at Barton Springs checking out all the freaks and geeks, the locals, the tourists and the foreigners... it was all very interesting. later on we once again wound up on Guadalupe checking out the stores and shops or whatever. hit this cool little joint called ToyJoy. nice place lots of cool toys. then it was time to pick up nicki from work, we shared some snowcones and hung out watching the divers/swimmers making fools of themselves and we decided to work out there conversations with a little bit of our own ingenuity and words. while we were there we saw some naked people, some dude smoking weed, a group of Belgians, some crazy Asian lady who was yelling at her kids, got my hand stamped by the guards and generally it was a good day and now that I've had a lack of sleep I will be snoozing off real soon for an afternoon nap. I hope your day is as interesting as mine is. Have a great one all!!

No comments: